Johego currently has an opening for an entry-level, full-time data engineer. For more information about Johego and about this position, including how to apply, please see below.
Johego is an award-winning 501(c)(3) nonprofit startup that develops software to help social workers, police officers, and other public servants more efficiently connect people in need with social and medical services, such as overnight shelter and mental health treatment. For the past two years, we have made significant progress in our mission to make connecting with social and medical services as easy as finding showtimes for movies:
- In September 2017, Johego published the first version of our smartphone application on iOS and Android in six counties in Northeast Missouri, helping us earn selection as a co-winner of the Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation Competition (SEIC) at Washington University in St. Louis.
- In November 2017, Johego secured a $270K contract with Missouri Foundation for Health to upgrade our smartphone application, create a web-based equivalent, and expand to eighteen additional counties in Northeast, Central, and Southwest Missouri.
- In June 2018, Johego completed StartX, a Stanford University-affiliated business accelerator ranked among the top three in the world.
- In October 2018, Johego validated a data pipeline for collecting and verifying information about social and medical services that is 95% more efficient than traditional methods.
- In May 2019, Johego secured a grant from the Roddenberry Foundation to develop an innovative platform to enable supporters to remotely volunteer on behalf of Johego — no matter where they are.
- In July 2019, Johego secured a $200K contract with Missouri Foundation for Health to expand our services throughout their entire coverage area, which includes 84 Missouri counties and the City of St. Louis.
At this time, Johego is pleased to report that we have an opening for a full-time data engineer, who will be responsible for the following activities:
- Using data munging, web scraping, natural language processing, and machine learning to streamline, strengthen, automate, and migrate Johego’s existing data pipeline to the cloud.
- Using natural language processing and machine learning to analyze and categorize semi-structured text corpora based on transcribed question-and-answer phone conversations.
- Using database best practices to improve performance and security.
- Using statistical methods and machine learning to extract insights from analytics data.
For this full-time position, we are able to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and retirement. Remote and/or part-time work opportunities associated with this position are available as well, though not preferred, depending on candidate skill level and experience. Johego is an equal-opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.